Packed with antioxidants and with a host of other health benefits, beetroot chips are Food Recipes a healthier alternative to greasy potato chips.
Beetroots - 4, medium (or 2 big), peeled, thinly sliced
Water - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
White wine vinegar - 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black pepper powder to sprinkle over
1. Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add sugar and vinegar.
3. Stir well until sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add the beetroot slices and stir gently.
5. Remove and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Drain the water well.
7. Place the beetroot slices in a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 125C/250F for 20 minutes r until fully dry.
10. Remove, cool and store in a sealed container.
11. Serve as a snack.